The Corner Award was launched in 2016 as a way to say thanks and give something back to the industry that has been so good to us for so long. The annual award is dedicated to celebrating artists who are breaking the mould and making an impact with their music.
Experts from different facets of the music industry were invited to come together and curate a list of innovative artists, rather than selection via an arduous application process. The Selection Panel delved into their vast musical knowledge, frequent show attendance and understanding of the current Australian music scene to choose and support artists that are doing exciting things.
2017 CORNER AWARD RECIPIENT
- A headline show at the Corner Hotel (including production & promotion)
- Pressing of 150 copies of a limited edition 7” vinyl single
- A cash cheque of $2000
- Rehearsal time at Bakehouse Studios prior to the show
- $1000 towards artwork costs from Mushroom Publishing
- 2 week poster run from Plakkit
- Full page ad package from Beat
- 50 free tshirts from Sound Merch
- 3 full days off peak rehearsal space (largest room) at Bakehouse Studios – all backline & storage included.
- Portrait by Ian Laidlaw
THE 2017 BRAINS TRUST
Helen Marcou – Bakehouse Studios, SLAM
Jacinta Parsons – ABC Local Radio
Jen Cloher – Milk! Records
Lauren Taylor – RRR FM
Linda Bosidis – Mushroom Publishing
Anna Northeast, Jason Moore & Sally Mather from Corner Hotel